Dealing with the prospects of a criminal trial or investigation is a tough time for anyone. You probably already understand how much jail time and major fines can impact the rest of your life. However, even something as simple as a mark on your criminal record can make future relationships extremely difficult. Your best bet is to bring in an experienced criminal defense attorney to defend your freedoms. And, The Law Offices of R. Wayne Richter can take your case in West Palm Beach, Stuart and the surrounding areas.
- For a first conviction of BUI, a person is facing a fine between $500 and $1,000 as well as up to six (6) months in jail.
- For a second conviction of BUI, a person can face a fine between $1,000 and $2,000 as well as up to nine (9) months in jail.
- If a person is convicted of a third violation more than ten (10) years after a prior conviction, said person can face a fine between $2,000 and $5,000 and up to twelve (12) months in jail.
- A conviction for a third violation within ten (10) years of a prior conviction, is a third degree felony. A third degree felony is punishable by up to five (5) years in prison and up to a $5,000 fine.
- For a fourth or subsequent conviction, the amount of time between convictions does not matter. A fourth or subsequent conviction is always a third degree felony. Pursuant to Florida Statute 327.35(2)(b)(3), the fine cannot be less than $2,000.
If you or a loved one is facing criminal charges, you need the best representing you. There is far too much on the line for you to settle for the first face you see on a billboard. An experienced criminal defense attorney represents your best shot of keeping your freedoms. And, even seeing your charges lessened can make a major impact on the rest of your life. Contact The Law Offices of R. Wayne Richter, today, and get started with your free initial consultation.
For more information visit http://www.richterlawpa.com